The Community Connector is a three-year pilot that launched in March 2023 after two years of planning. The project was conceptualized in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic of spring 2020. During the crisis, leaders of area nonprofit organizations came together to raise over $500,000 in less than a month to assist struggling non-profit organizations in the delivery of their missions despite the global emergency. The organizations discovered that they were able to make more immediate, efficient, and impactful responses to the crisis by collaborating.
Based on the success of that collaboration, the Stronger Together Alliance (STA) recognized that opportunities exist for deeper collaboration and increased efficiencies across the nonprofit sector in the Greater Attleboro region. However, to enable this exceptional collaborative approach to problem-solving to continue, a formal, paid position would be necessary. As such, the Community Connections Coordinator position was born.
The Community Connections Coordinator aims to identify and deepen the connection between organizations and build capacity of the social sector. In March 2023, the STA filled this position The main objectives of this position include:
- Support and encourage the collaboration of area social service agencies by staying current and knowledgeable about the services provided by and mission of each agency, and by reporting back synergies and potential partnerships to the agencies on a regular basis.
- Identify Foundation/Governmental Grant funding opportunities that would benefit multiple agencies and serve as the lead for crafting grant proposals.
- Serve as a technical coach and advisor to agency leadership as needed.
- Interface with municipal leadership around advocacy and support.
- Identify duplication of services and work to streamline services across agencies..
The Stronger Together Alliance provides collaborative supervision to the Community Connections Coordinator.